-

Thursday 4 April 2013

My March Favourites '13



 Another month has gone by and it's time for a favourites post! So here are my favourites for the month of March:


SKINCARE



Nyassa Belgian Chocolate Sugar Scrub

 I got this one in my January Velvette box and I ignored it for quite a while. I only started using it last month and I quite like it! It leaves your skin feeling super soft and moisturized and I like to use it once every week.

Clean and Clear Active Clearing Gel

 My skin is quite well behaved on most days, but a little breakout every now and then can be quite annoying. I use this product as a spot treatment and although it doesn't completely clear out the zit immediately, I find it definitely speeds up its drying process. 

MAKEUP




 This is such a nice little product. It's basically a matte lip balm -so it moisturizes without leaving your lips looking glossy like most lip balms do. And I am a big fan of matte lips. I like using this product on its own, as well as under and over the top of matte lipsticks. 


Maybelline Colour Bloom in Peach Blossom

 I will admit I dissed this product a whole lot before I started liking it. But that was because I was comparing it to its sister Pink Blossom which is my all time favourite lip tint. But everyone knows that comparing sisters is not a very good idea. I find Peach Blossom is very different from Pink Blossom because the tint it provides is just not as strong. But if you can overlook that, you'll see that it's a lot more moisturizing that Pink Blossom. And I reached out for it quite a few times this past month.

Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner

 I bought this one when I was out looking for a new liquid liner for myself. I saw this and thought I'd give it a go, and now I'm so glad I did. It makes eyeliner application so easy and provides a glossy finish, that I'm not used to but is a welcome change from the usual matte liner that I opt for.

Vega Professionals Angled Crease Brush

 The Vega Professional line has some nice brushes. This particular one is great for applying eyeshadow in the crease. It picks up product really nicely and I really like the way it works. The Colorbar brushes are next on my list!

OTHER FAVOURITES

 I've been loving the music by Landon Pigg, Daughter and Imagine Dragons this past month. As for TV shows, The Carrie Diaries was my show for the first half of the month and Revenge was THE show for the last bit of March. That show is probably one of the best ones I've EVER watched. I've never been so addicted to a show before. I literally sit up all night watching that stuff. 
 Also, can I add a fruit favourite? I love grapes. Just saying.

Follow Embellished on Bloglovin'! Click here.


11 comments:

  1. Ah! Your post now makes me think I should give a second chance to the peach Blossom as well :P Shall try the Clean and Clear gel for sure. Btw, does the liner posses a fine felt tip or is it really brush as they claim?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like a felt tip but is much less rigid so I think it is a brush. But it makes application super easy!

      Delete
  2. I saw your link on Lily Pebble's blog. I started mine today, great if you could support and help out! Thanks!

    http://loapjunkie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!

    I like the look of the Faces Lip Balm! Never come across a matte lipbalm. Sounds really good, not a fan of glossy lip balms!

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received Nyassa soap this month and it smell delicious and just thinking about Belgium chocolate tempts me
    NIVEA Giveaway
    http://dressnmakeup.blogspot.in/2013/03/give-away-nivea-gift-hamper.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking to have Vega Brushes. Got nice review.
    Would be glad to connect via GFC let me know, I'll drop the love back.
    New Post Up http://modonika.blogspot.in/2013/04/product-review-thboxes-jewelry-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vega Professional line is especially nice.

      Delete
  6. Nice picks! That chocolate sugar scrub looks incredible :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post!
    I've heard so many good things about the Belgian chocolate scrub! I've been debating getting it for a while now.
    I'm addicted to lip balms! I have a fetish for trying each and every one of them, haha. Needless to say, I HAVE to try the faces lip balm now.
    I don't know what it is about spring, but I've been catching up on The Carrie Diaries, too! I actually have a few episodes to watch!
    Super informative post. J'adore.
    - The Beauty Maniaks ( BeautyManiaks.wordpress.com )

    ReplyDelete