-

Tuesday 4 March 2014

February Favourites 2014



 It's monthly favourites time again! And it's ridiculous because I remember doing a February Favourites for the year 2013 like it was yesterday. It's insane. 
 Anyway, getting on with my favourites of the month, let's begin-





 Starting with a nail polish favourite, I have been obsessed with this one ever since I bought it during Christmastime last year. It is Maybelline's Color Show Nail Polish in Downtown Red. I love the colour, love the formula and for the price it comes at, its a freakin' bargain. I have a post dedicated to this coming up soon!
My next two favourites have been mentioned way too much on this blog for my own liking, which is why I'm going to go over them as quickly as possible. But basically, my love affair with Maybelline's Bold Matte Lipstick in MAT01 hasn't ended yet. I also like to top it up with Maybelline's Color Bloom Lip Balm in Peach Blossom if I want things to be on the glossy side. 



 Another lip product I've been loving, which is again, another matte product is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm. I've had this product for ages but I don't think I've really written about it. It's basically a gorgeous matte lip cream which is a perfect peachy nude for anyone with a medium skin tone like mine. It is quite the drying formula, though, but it looks gorgeous with anything with a balmy texture layered over it.
 And lastly, I have a hair care product that I've been enjoying. This one came in a Velvette Box (now known as Fab Bag?). This is the Brocato Actives Restorative Hair Infusion Serum. It is a serum that I apply before I straighten my hair (which I do very often). It is supposed to "seal in shine while flat ironing" and for once I actually do think the product lives up to its claim. As far as fixing damaged hair goes, I don't know yet. But I will keep you updated on that.

Other Favourites

 I read a ton of books this month and some of them were really good! I'm talking four to five Goodreads stars status. And lets just say that I'm not very generous when it comes to Goodreads stars. The best of the lot has to be The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This book made me cry. It's definitely one of those books that even non book readers must read because it's such an easy read, but definitely tugs on a few heart strings. And it has good humour, which is always a bonus.
 Other than that, I read Divergent by Veronica Roth which was awesome and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins which was also quite good. 

So that's all, I guess. Have you tried any of those products/read any of those books?

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I haven't heard of Maybelline's Color Bloom Lip Balm in Peach Blossom, it sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colourshow nail polishes are really nice! And damaged hair can't "really" be fixed :D you can make it "look" better though. Still need to post my February favourites but feeling too lazy to take pictures lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Well, a girl can dream. I'm always on the lookout for nourishing hair products.

      Delete
  3. your feb favorites are my favorites too...Same pinch dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sure shot favourites dear...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. color bloom lip balm is new to me..sounds like a must try! http://kohlcrush.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its just a no nonsense lip balm. I like it mostly because it isn't in a tub. :D

      Delete
  6. great post!

    xoxo

    www.theglitterarty.com

    ReplyDelete