-

Monday 23 March 2015

Dry Skin Saviours


 The seasons are changing. Winter is gone for good. Summer is almost here (or spring, should we call it?). And the air has this uncanny dryness to it, which is so uncharacteristic of Mumbai weather. I like to call it the dry calm before the humid storm.  My skin has been getting oddly dry for March. Sometimes even drier than it got during December or January. 
Here are the products I use to salvage the situation.



 I'm really fussy with my face moisturisers. I'd rather wear nothing at all than have to walk around with a greasy face. For most of my life, I was a Lacto Calamine girl. I still use it every now and then. But somehow even that feels heavy on my skin these days. Not greasy, but heavy -like its coating my face with a thick, powdery blanket. My sister handed me her Clean & Clear Oil Free Moisturiser and surprisingly, it's been working pretty well! The thought of moisturising my face doesn't sound dreadful anymore, which really says something about this product.
 But I don't think just moisturising is enough for to get rid of dry skin. I've always been a fan of exfoliation. I'm currently using the Just Herbs Apricot Sparkle Invigorating Skin Radiance Scrub (phew). Honestly, I think there are a lot of these available in the market that do the job. I'm using this one because it came in a Fab Bag. But what I like about this particular one is that it's not drying at all and actually leaves your skin feeling supple once you've washed it off.

 My sister also let me borrow her Sally Hansen 18 Hour Protective Hand Creme (clearly I don't buy my own stuff) because my hands felt dry. Something that never happens to me. And my cuticles looked like they could do with some moisture, too. I love the formula of this one. Its non-greasy and doesn't make me feel odd about having moisturised palms. 

 And lastly, for lip balm, I've been using one I got from Marks and Spencer's. It's their Vanilla Moisturising Lip Balm. It's an interesting formula, this one -almost like a gel. But it does the job and I love vanilla scents so it works for me. (Warning: If you don't appreciate sweet scents, I'd suggest you don't go close to this one. It's scent can be a little too piercingly sweet. Kind of like how Jacob Black described Edward Cullen's scent in the Twilight books. If I remember correctly. That was many  years ago. I swear I read better books now.)

And of course, the last tip to solve almost any problem (and I can vouch for it, it really does work)-



No comments:

Post a Comment