-

Sunday 9 February 2014

2013 Makeup Favourites


  2013 was quite a good year for me, makeup-wise (and otherwise, too!). At least compared to 2012, I made quite a few good discoveries and found some products that work amazingly well for me. Here are the select few things that I can bet are definitely worth a try, if you haven't tried them already.
 Also, I apologize for the extreme delay in posting this, but if you haven't already read about this, my laptop was down and the images blocked in them. So without further ado, here goes my Favourites for the Year 2013.




  Let's start with the obvious -my base favourites. I discovered this trio of awesomeness back in May last year and have stuck to it ever since. If you haven't read about it in my 2014 Makeup Wishlist, I'm not a foundation girl, at least not yet. But I have absolutely enjoyed wearing BB Cream as my everyday base. The best part about my pick from last year, that is the Garnier BB Cream is that it not only provides light coverage and a nice glow-y finish, but it also moisturizes to some extent and has an SPF 24, which is amazing because I hate applying sunscreen on my face. I'd like to add that if you have oily skin, this may not be the best pick for you. I think this works best for dry to combination skin types.
 Next comes my ultimate favourite (holy grail status, I'd say), the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer. I could go on and on about how much I love this product, but in short, it provides decent coverage and brightens the under-eye area beautifully. I literally look from sleep deprived to fully awake after this one simple step. It has a nice consistency -not the overly creamy kind that slips around or the extremely runny kind that's hard to work with, but smack in the middle of both. 
 And lastly to set everything, I really like my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. This is a perfect no-fuss powder. The only downside I'd say would be the packaging,which isn't travel friendly, or very pretty. But for the price it comes at, I think it's unfair to complain. I recently hit pan on this (these pictures were clicked back in December) and that really says something because I never hit pan on my powders as I barely use them.

(If you want to see these three in action, check out my last On My Face post.)

  Since I barely ever wear eyeshadow, this is the one  reached for every single time I thought an occasion called for a little bit of extra dressing up. It is Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. You've probably heard tons about this product, as most people tend to get on with it really well. It's basically a cream eyeshadow that I like to apply with my fingers and blend with my fingers as well because I think it works best that way. It's a frosty bronze that looks amazing on its own and even as a base for powders over the top of it. 
  Next up is another cult favourite -Maybelline's The Falsies Mascara. This is perfect for those who like a tad bit of drama when it comes to their eyelashes. I, for one, definitely do, which is why I thoroughly enjoyed using this one. For eyeliner, I have two favourites: one pencil and one liquid. I discovered the Faces Long Wear Eye Pencil in Solid Black relatively late in the year compared to some of the other products mentioned here, but I had to include it since I've been hooked ever since the first time I used it. It's creamy, extremely pigmented and doesn't budge once set. It's definitely the best pencil liner I've ever tried. And lastly, the Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner -a discovery from early 2013. It's the glossy kind, but has the perfect applicator and was extremely easy to work with.



  

For lips, I have a bunch of favourites, but I narrowed it down to these three. Starting with Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 111 Kiss of Life, this has been my favourite lipstick to don when I've wanted a nice matte red lip. It's creamy, pigmented and lasts quite well. Sadly, it isn't available in India yet, but if you ever have a chance to try it on, I think you should give it a go. It definitely gave my MAC Viva Glam 1 a run for its money.
  Next up is Rimmels's Apocalips Lip Laquer in Celestial. You can probably see a theme here with Rimmel lip products. I think they are amazing. This one is a liquid lipstick that's a little bit glossy (a good one for lip gloss lovers) and can be blotted down to a satin finish for those who don't like there lips glossy. Celestial is an easy colour to wear- a pale pink that I think will look beautiful on all skin tones.The good news is that these can be found in Indian Rimmel counters now!
 And saving the best for last, I have been insanely in love with my Maybelline Bold Matte Lipstick in MAT 1 ever since I got it. It is the perfect pop of colour and again will look beautiful on all skintones. As much as it looks amazing as a full on bright pink bold lip, I like it better as a tint (a full post about this coming soon!). I practically wear this everyday, even now. 


  And lastly, for nail polish favourites, these would be my top three picks. For a neutral, sober nail, I loved wearing Revlon's Pink Chiffon. It takes a few coats for this one to show up, but once on it is a gorgeous pale pink. For a bold red, my favourite has been OPI's Big Apple Red. It is that perfect true red that will look so chic on just about anyone. And for my favourite glitter topcoat (and the only topcoat I own, actually), I've loved Colorbar's Glitterati Topcoat in Disco Gold. It has fine as well as more chunky flakes of hexagonal glitter and looks great even as one light coat, or layered for a more dramatic effect. Also, I recently found out from Colorbar that they've released many new shades in this range.  


 Phew. That was a long, long post, wasn't it? But it sums up my favourites from the entire of last year. I won't be doing a January favourites, but maybe I'll club it up with my February favourites? We shall see. 
 Have you tried any of these products?

8 comments:

  1. great post and good choice, i too loves the rimmel stay matte powder, maybelline bad to the bronze & liner. ty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I love the Rimmel powder and I'd love to try the Apocalips lips lacquer in Celestial.

    BeautyInsideArt

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a long, long post but I loved, LOVeD it! power packed with makeup info :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to get that Maybelline Drema Lumi Touch!

    ReplyDelete